Minstergate Covid-19 Customer Policy
This policy is designed to provide you with important information about the Coronavirus pandemic and what to expect when you visit our Dealerships.It also confirms the health and safety measures we have implemented to ensure Minstergate is a safe environment for both our employees and customers.
Preventative steps and hygiene
We are taking all reasonable steps to protect your health and safety.
Aftersales – Servicing, MOT & Warranty Repairs
As we have been identified by the government as essential workers, our Aftersales facilities will be operational with immediate effect.
Our employees have been fully trained in ensuring the environment you are visiting is safe however, we will need your cooperation to assist us with this.
The following health and safety measures have been implemented with immediate effect to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus and we would appreciate if you would be kind enough to follow our guidelines when either visiting or arranging a collection or delivery.
- You will be allocated a date and time for your aftersales work to be carried out.We ask you to please ensure you keep to that appointment time to help us control the number of people on site at any given time.
- To help reduce the number of people in our dealership at any given time, we would prefer one person per car but encourage no more than two people
- Please ensure all personal belongings are removed from your vehicle prior to leaving it with us as your vehicle will be sanitised as part of our procedure
- Sanitisation stations have been installed in all showrooms and bodyshop entrances and we would like you to sanitise your hands on entry to our dealership
- Please adhere to the 2 metre social distancing rule by using the markers/floor sticker’s on your way to the aftersales desks
- Perspex Hygiene screens have been installed in customer facing areas
- Our employees will be wearing PPE for your safety and theirs
- You will be asked to pass your key to our Service Advisor who will sanitise the key and put it in a clear, sealable plastic bag before sending it to our workshop. Please would you ensure your car key is the only key you leave with us.
- You may be required to sign some paperwork prior to leaving your vehicle with us.However, we will try and ensure paperwork is emailed where possible.If you are required to sign physical paperwork our pens will be sanitised after each use however, please feel free to bring your own pen
- If you have arranged a courtesy car, we assure you this has been sanitised prior to your use and will be re-sanitised when it is returned
- Wherever possible, please email your driving licence prior to collection of a courtesy car.If you are not able to do this, we will take a copy of your driving licence when you are on site.
- We are only taking card payments and will not be accepting cash payments until further notice
- Our customer waiting area has been rearranged to ensure we adhere to the 2 metre social distancing requirement
- Unfortunately the use of self-service drinks has been temporarily removed from customer waiting areas to help reduce the spread of Covid-19
- The children’s play area has been temporarily removed to help reduce the spread of Covid-19
- Customers waiting for repairs etc. will be kept to a minimum with drop off and collection promoted where possible
- The TV Remote has been removed from the customer waiting area
- All reading material has been removed from customer waiting areas so please feel free to bring your own reading material
- We are unable to offer our usual service of a complimentary wash and vac and will be busy sanitising your vehicle prior to your collection. If you have booked a delivery following your service or repair, your vehicle will be sanitised prior to leaving our dealership and also re-sanitised when our driver exits your vehicle and returns your keys
Prior to working on any vehicle our employees will be adhering to the following procedure whilst wearing the appropriate PPE
The following items must be disinfected with antibacterial wipes / spray:
- Exterior and interior door handles
- Seat belt buckles, wiper and indicator stalks
- Steering wheel, gear stick, rear view mirror and handbrake
- All switches including mirrors, windows, lights and seat controls
- All console and dash areas including the glove box handle
Once all the above is complete a disposable seat cover will be placed over the driver’s seat and a sanitised notice placed in the vehicle to confirm the above actions have been completed.
Once the technician has completed the work, they must park the vehicle in the customer parking area and follow the re-sanitisation process below on exit of the vehicle:
- Disinfect keys
- Disinfect exterior and interior door handles
- Disinfect seat belt buckles wiper and indicator stalks
- Disinfect steering wheel, gear stick, rear view mirror and handbrake
- Disinfect all switches including mirrors, windows, lights and seat controls
- Disinfect all console and dash areas including the glove box handle
- Remove disposable seat cover
- Put customer information sticker/hanger confirming re-sanitising into the vehicle
The keys are then given back to the service advisors for them to sanitise and put into a clean plastic bag for the customer to collect.
If the vehicle is being delivered back to the customer, the driver must ensure the vehicle is fully sanitised at the delivery address before posting the keys through the customer letterbox or adhering to any previous drop off agreement to the customer and place another sanitised sticker on the driver’s door.
Touch-Free Collection & Delivery
When our business allows us to return to a full team, customers who feel they do not wish to visit Minstergate will be offered a touch-free collection and delivery service. This will initially not be available but will be introduced when staff volumes are at level when we can offer this service.When the service is available the following will apply:
- The aftersales advisor will contact the customer prior to the driver leaving site to arrange for the key handover to take place safely
- On arrival the driver will fully sanitise the keys and vehicle before driving away
- Once the vehicle is ready for delivery back to the customer, the service advisor will contact the customer for payment over the phone
- The vehicle will then go through a sanitisation process before being delivered back to the customer
- The vehicle will then go through a final sanitisation process at the delivery address prior to the keys been returned to the customer
- A re-sanitised notice with the driver’s initials will be placed in the car, any paperwork will be left on the passenger seat or emailed where possible and the key sanitised and posted through your letterbox or otherwise as agreed with our driver
Unfortunately at this time, car sales are not considered essential business so we are unable to trade from our showrooms.However, we are able to provide a remote service which is available by telephone or internet. We are working hard to ensure as soon as we are able to get back to business and invite customers in to view vehicles or take test drives we will be ready to go.
We have implemented the following to ensure when this does happen, we are able to offer a safe environment for employees and customers.
- Wherever possible we would like to ask you to make an appointment to come into our dealerships.
- All cars will be kept locked and sanitised prior to customer entry and re-sanitised on customer exit
- Cars will be available for viewing and test driving and will be sanitised before and after each use
- Please ensure your driving licence is present when attending for a test drive (insurance terms and conditions will apply)
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer accompanied test drives until a time when our sales executive can join you.They will of course be waiting at our showroom to answer any questions when you return. Minstergate reserve the right to refuse an unaccompanied test drive.
- If you are required to sign any documentation during a sales transaction, you will be given a pen which will have been sanitised after each use or you may wish to use your own pen
We hope the above clarifies any queries you may have on visiting our dealerships.If you have any questions and would like to speak to a member of our team, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
All of us at Minstergate would like to thank you in advance for helping us all stay safe and reduce the spread of Covid-19.